Process of acquiring technology, be it software, services and solutions is unique. Procuring of already existing proprietary technology seems easier and more predictable process. Procuring of a new technology when R&D itself is part of the procurement places large amount of risk inherent in any research and innovation activities. The risk of failure of new technology, in addition to that, regulatory compliance, cyber security, data privacy, interruptions in business, non -completion, under- performance, specifics of fix cost projects and intellectual property transfer present a challenge. With proper advise many of this can be understood and mitigated in a legal contract.
We advise to both buyers and sellers in procuring technology. We understand the peculiar risks and demands inherent in information technology contracts. We structure, draft and negotiate various contracts and provide post -contract advice including:
- Agreements on procurement of information system design, supply and installation
- Distribution/ reseller agreements
- Software development agreements
- License agreements
- Service level agreements and maintenance and support agreements
- Software escrow agreements
- Technology transfer agreements
- IT outsourcing and business processing outsourcing agreements.